2 courses per year
Maritime Warfare School, HMS Collingwood (1 week in EU)
To train officers appointed to Staff MCM positions in advanced Mine Warfare skills.
- Week 1 – Operational environment minefield planning module & mining scheme
- Week 2-5 – Battlestaff procedures, MW planning and evaluation tools, includes key visits to RN operational groups and RN/MW Tactical Support System (MTSS)
- Week 6 – (MCM Module) Mine Countermeasures planning & preparations for practical training including MCM Commander’s Estimate
- Week 7 – at BE/NL MW school, Ostend using MW Gaming simulator for practical training and assessment
- Mine Warfare Clearance Diving Officer or Mine Warfare Officer
- Knowledge of and experience in ship or unit level mine warfare tactics and procedures is essential
- Attendance on a national or UK Maritime Warfare Course (MWARC) including the ability to lead a Maritime Estimate is a prerequisite for this course
- Continuous appraisal throughout the course and assessment during practical training at Eguermin Minewarfare School, Belgium.