The Royal Marines School of Music, HMS NELSON
To further the knowledge of a Corporal Bugler in music theory and aural perception. To develop sight reading and performance skills on the Military Side Drum (MSD),Bb Bugle and Eb Natural Trumpet. To develop instructional ability in both classroom and Corps of Drums environments. To develop leadership and management skills within a Corps of Drums context.
- Course project
- Written assignments
- Music theory
- Aural perception
- Performance skills
- Leadership & Management skills: Technique of instruction; Corps of Drums administration; Corps of Drums drill
* Courses are usually delivered every two years, depending upon requirement.
- To be of above average ability on either MSD or Bugle/Trumpet; average ability on other instrument(s)
- To have a sound knowledge of music history and theory (grade 5 ABRSM standard or above)
- To have good sight reading and aural perception skills
- To have demonstrated leadership potential