2 courses per year
Institute of Naval Medicine
The primary mission of the course is to refresh and update Service Medical Officers and Civilian Medical Practitioners (CMP) on the medical standards for Military Occupational Diving and Service Recreational Diving.
A secondary objective for the course is to give Medical Officers and CMPs refresher training on:
- The spectrum of diving-related injuries and illnesses
- The management principles of diving-related injuries
- Medical problems associated with diving (Decompression Illness and Barotrauma).
- Medical fitness standards for military occupational diving and recreational diving.
- Injuries requiring recompression therapy and Recompression Treatment tables.
- Refresher training with Pulmonary Function Testing standards.
- Submarine Escape and Rescue systems and Submarine Medical Standards.
- Must be a qualified Medical Officer (Service Medical Officer, Civilian Medical.
- Practitioner, Non-MOD employed civilian doctors, Allied Forces MedicalOfficers).
- Candidates should be those involved and interested in the medical aspects of diving.
- The course is taught in English. Students should have a solid foundation in communicating in the English language (also see IELTS requirement).
You will receive a level I certificate awarded on successful completion of all aspects of the course including a multiple-choice examination. Level I certificate authorises the graduate to perform diving medical examinations for UK ServiceOccupational Divers. Successful completion of this course is recognised by the HSE for Authorised Medical Examiner of Divers (AMED) re-qualification.