Half a day
5 courses per week
Classroom and practical training covering:
- Before and After Flight Inspections on the STASS
- Operation of the STASS and controlled underwater breathing techniques
- Hazards associated with the use of self-contained underwater breathing apparatus
- Shallow water training for familiarisation of STASS
- 1 run in the shallow water egress trainer (SWET), using normal egress procedures with the aid of STASS
- 2 runs in the HUET module, with the aid of STASS
- Submerged, upright, daylight
- Submerged, inverted, daylight
- 4 runs in the HUET module without the aid of STASS
Aircrew must be in date for aircrew medical, including a lung function test and have a completed medical self certification form.
Non aircrew – must have a completed medical certification form signed by a medical officer.