Warfare Intelligence Specialist
You'll deliver fused Intelligence products and provide advice on emerging situations and deliver bespoke briefings to senior officers
- £18,500 - £56,000
- No qualifications
- Surface Fleet
- Rating level
As a Warfare Specialist I get to operate state of the art equipment, weapons and I also get to travel the world with people I am proud to call my friends.
What you’ll do
Being in Intelligence means that you work with all disciplines within the Royal Navy and other services to deliver Intelligence to Commanders on operations. Your training will enable you to deliver fused Intelligence products and provide advice on emerging situations and deliver bespoke briefings to senior officers. Providing your Intelligence input will aid in mission success.
Intelligence is critical in supporting warfighting and getting the right information to the right people at the right time so that crucial decisions, that affect lives, can be made. Everything could depend on your speed, skill, accuracy and powers of concentration to keep one step ahead of the enemy.
- Be an essential part of each mission, using your knowledge of war-fighting techniques to deliver Intelligence to Commanders on Operation.
- Gain a wide range of skills, from basic seamanship to manning light weaponry.
- Be responsible for the safety of your ship and everyone on board.
- You will be a quick thinker, accurate in your work and have good concentration skills.
Pay & benefits
- A salary that rises to £23,496 after initial training
- Earn in excess of £56,383 as your career progresses
- Additional pay for every day spent at sea
- An excellent pension scheme
- Six weeks of paid holiday per year
- Free medical and dental care
- Travel around the world
Skills for life
Qualifications you'll gain
- GCSEs, A-Levels, NVQs or vocational awards
- Gain a Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard for Intelligence operations
Skills you'll develop
- Learn firefighting and weapon handling skills
- You must be aged 16 to 39
- No qualifications are required for this role
- You, your surviving parents and your spouse/partner must hold sole British citizenship and you must have continually resided in the UK for a minimum of 10 years
- Developed Vetting security clearance is required
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
Skills & Interests
- Team players with a passion for analytics
- Quick thinkers who work well under pressure
- Problem-solvers, who can work well as part of a team
- Be able to think on your feet
- A high level of physical and mental fitness
From picking your role to starting on your first day, these are the steps you'll take to join as a rating.
Once you’ve passed a Security Check, you’ll be offered a place at HMS Raleigh
Got a question?
Our virtual recruiter is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day